The common question about hair loss is whether sleep deprivation contributes to hair loss.
Hair growth and hair loss can be affected by many general health issues. One of the questions I’m often asked is whether or not lack of sleep could contribute to hair loss. Generally, anything that promotes good health is good for your hair.
In other words, anything that adversely affects your health – like severe dieting, extremely stressful situations, or sleep deprivation – can, of course, be detrimental. A negative impact on your health is not good for your hair or for hair loss.
“Sleep affects almost every tissue in our bodies,” says HairDocTK, It affects growth and stress hormones, our immune system, appetite, breathing, blood pressure, and cardiovascular health, and hair loss. Research shows that lack of sleep increases the risk for obesity, heart disease, and infections
While sleep has a direct impact on the human body’s natural hormones, it means that poor sleep reduces the amount of melatonin, potentially causing hair loss. Lack of sleep will stress people. The psychological stress response has been shown to lead to hair loss due to telogen effluvium. Hair Loss “Sleep is important for protein synthesis of your hair, as well as proper release of growth hormone and other hormones
Sometimes life calls and we don’t get enough sleep. But five hours of sleep out of a 24-hour day isn’t enough, especially in the long term. According to a 2018 study of more than 10,000 people, the body’s ability to function declines if sleep isn’t in the seven- to the eight-hour range. Your body produces a hormone called melatonin. This hormone helps your body regulate your sleep cycle, and it also has been shown to increase hair growth. If your body decreases in its melatonin levels, it’s possible that this results in hair loss.
Must-Haves In A Sleep Supplement
- Melatonin: Melatonin is an essential sleep hormone that sends signals to your brain when it’s time to sleep, wake, and eat. Shown to help regulate your body’s internal clock (circadian rhythm), melatonin can help regulate your body temperature and other important hormones needed to fall asleep soundly.
- Valerian root: Valerian root has been used for centuries for its calming, sleep-promoting benefits. Studies show that valerian may help promote the length and quality of deep, restorative sleep, as well as reduce the length of time it takes to fall asleep at night.
- Important Amino Acids: Amino acids like Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) and L-Tryptophan help your body produce the proteins and molecules needed for good sleep and relaxation. For example, tryptophan plays an important role in the production of melatonin and serotonin, two key hormones for promoting a better mood, mental clarity, and cognitive function.
- Calming Herbal Extracts: Look for soothing natural herbal extracts like chamomile, lavender, lemon balm, and hops. These can help promote feelings of relaxation and calm that help you unwind after a long day, decrease stress, and prepare your body for sleep.
Can sleep supplements really fix your nighttime troubles?
Here’s how to spot the ultimate sleep formula for restful, rejuvenating, and restorative nighttime sleep. We all dread those seemingly endless nights of tossing and turning, just hoping that sleep will eventually come to us before the sun rises. And we’ve all been guilty of those occasional late-night TV binges or celebratory nights out. But did you know that a consistent lack of shut-eye could actually be hurting your health?
- Holistic Formula with Herbal Extracts
- Certified Safety & Purity Testing
- Made locally In the USA
- The Bottom Line
Sleep Support by Holistic Apothecary features an optimal natural blend of the ingredients your body needs to sleep soundly each night and wake up feeling refreshed. Superstar ingredients include essential amino acids L-Tryptophan and GABA for enhanced mood and cognitive function, melatonin, valerian, and a highly absorbable form of magnesium known as Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate.
For additional calming benefits, it features an herbal extract blend of lavender, chamomile, lemon balm, and hops, to help reduce stress and tension. This premium sleep formula is a comprehensive approach to supporting sleep from a holistic wellness perspective with its natural, easy-to-swallow capsules.
Holistic Apothecary sleep support contains no unnecessary fillers, or hidden or harmful ingredients, and is the top-rated choice for quality, bioavailability, and effectiveness. It was also created by a cancer advocate and is made in the USA
To purchase Deep sleep support www.theHolistic-apothecary.shop
Submit a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.